“Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.”
I am a big foodie, and I keep munching all day long.
Nevertheless, it is not accessible to keeps weight managed with this habit. Real with you too?
Most often, I find myself standing to stare at my fridge with its door open thinking, what next to eat? Hmm!
Thought of sharing 2 of favourite hunger games ideas as I call it to overcome afternoon hunger.
Yoghurt, Seeds, Nuts, Fruits
It is as simple as it sounds. One does not have time to sit and make things from scratch, read next.
- Greek yoghurt is known for its many health benefits, mainly improving gut health and for its protein content.
- Consider Seeds like Hemp, chia or ground flax seeds for extra fibre and Omega-3 content.
- Nuts (add any of your favourites) they are a great source of many nutrients and antioxidants.
- Hey, walnuts have a higher capacity to fight free radicals than fish!
- Fruits can serve as a natures candy, and that means the natural sweetness will need no addition of sugar.
Nutty & Fruity
Fruits and vegetables are essential for a healthy lifestyle, and diversity is equally important as quantity.
You don’t need to eat the old fashioned way.
Here is what I often end up doing.
I have taken apple with almond butter with chia seeds and leftover celery sticks.
Fruits and vegetables have a variety of health benefits; one must eat a lot of them.
You can play around with this snack recipe, endless options of fruits like Banana, Pear, Avocado, Pineapples, Melons. In vegetables, you can use a combination of Carrots, Cucumber, Radish.
Excess of sugar is harmful, and this does not apply for whole fruits, they provide en number of nutrients and keeps you full for longer. The natural sweetness of the fruit will also avoid your craving, and that will help you to maintain a perfect balance with a healthy diet.
Tip: The easiest way to enhance your fruit intake is to keep them easily accessible and in front of your eyes. Put that bag of chips and cookies somewhere hidden, so you avoid them automatically.
Credits and References:
2 thoughts on “Snacks for Noon Hunger”
thanks for sharing, I could do with some tips in terms of nutrition